Friday, August 24, 2018

EPIC OF SOIL

Epic of Soil
-------++++---------

At the times when first monsoon arrives
Drizzling rain drops makes earth  refresh
Catching soil fragrance with great aroma
With my two palms making a bowl
Writing my epic of soil

Trampling wet fields
Making soil ready for plants
My beloved farmers
Dancing on the wet fields
Flowers are blossoming on their soiled feet
I am touching their feet as a mark of respect
Writing my epic of soil

Wearing silver bracelets
Their hands making waves of sounds
My beloved women in the fields
Sowing plants in the wet fields
Touching their feet as a mark of respect
Writing my song of soil

Clay trampled feet
Could create wonderful pots
Clay took the shapes
The creator , the potter
Touching his feet as a mark of respect
Writing my poem of soil

Sleeping soil , eating soil
Walking soil , living soil
Making soil as their soul
I bow my head to their affinity with soil
Writing my lyric of soil

Witnessing red soil that glued
To the roots of peanut plants
Witnessing black soil that glued
To the roots of sugar cane plants
The particles of soil
Are my alphabets to my poem

Born in soil
Brought up in soil
Dying in soil
I dedicate my poem to such saints
Who spared their life for mother earth

I am not searching for normal people
To dedicate my poem
I am in search of  people
Who breathe the air of soil
Who shaped their life in the soil
Who does penance in their fields
Who lives in nature
Die for nature
Waiting for such people
To dedicate my poem for ever.

---------+-+-----------+--+--+-----
Rao vbm


My Telugu poem ' Matti Vedam'  translated in English by me


   

No comments:

Post a Comment